In pig production artificial insemination is used extensively. AI for pigs offers many advantages in different fields (health management, genetic improvement etc.) which are clearly better than the ones found in natural breeding.
The establishment of different kinds of AI centres has lead to great technical improvements and thereby increased the importance of AI in recent years. Other advances in the field of pig reproduction include techniques such as semen sexing, Deep Uterine Insemination, and the freezing of sperm. With all these new technologies come the demand for quality control and traceability.
- Colloidal silical particles coated with silane, in an isotonic salt solution.
- Unopened bottles have a shelf-life of 2 years
- pH of 7.25 – 7.35 at room temperature and at 37°C
- Low endotoxin levels (<5.00 EU/mL)
- Sterilized by filtration
- Bottles are made of borosilicate glass and silicone stoppers with tamper-evident seals.
- Bottles and stoppers have been 2-cell M.E.A. tested
Pack sizes and catalogue numbers:
PorciPure 100ml NI PPB-100